Friday, February 10, 2012

To Blog or Not to Blog........



Ok, I had just seen the movie Julie and Julia and thought what a great thing it would be to have a blog of my own where I could share with others some of my tricks for weddings and other events. Well that was a little over 2.5 years ago and with only 1 post, I feel like I failed. No wonder noone is following me! I have decided (o.k. maybe some prompting by others) to give it a try again. I would like to post a wedding or event of the month for readers to enjoy, and if I can get at least one person to smile I will consider it a success.






Let's start with January: My favorite event was an Anniversary party for Ron and Colleen. It was a 25th Anniversary held at Saratoga Foothill Club. They had a great time as did their family and friends. My favorite part of the evening was the toasts. I think the toasts went on for over an hour, they had so many people that truely loved them and wanted to share their blessings with others. I learned that they have been avid hikers for their entire relationship, and have been organizing hikes for charity on an annual basis. A great family with lots of heart.


There was also a live band and some really fun dance times (ok...I will admit at times it was funny dancing), but all in all it was really heartwarming to have been a part of this party! I hope I will be around to do their 50th Anniversary (hint...hint)

No comments:

Post a Comment